Convert small Java/Eclipse project to Maven and deploy to Heroku
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
(this job is about an open issue https://github.com/ogt/contractor-
I need someone to help me convert this eclipse Java project to Maven and make it deployable on Heroku.
You will need to
- fork my repository,
- confirm that you have a locally working eclipse-based project, https://github.com/ogt/contractor-
- manually generate a `pom.xml` file as well as
- add a couple additional files that are necessary by heroku. (https://devcenter.heroku.com/artic
To test your project you will need to create a free app in heroku, push it there and run it as an one-off dymano (`heroku run ...`)
When you do that please capture with the screensnap of your terminal so as I can see heroku's output (you may want to drop the heroku app after that to avoid incurring charges).
So the heroku step is essential in the sense that it will confirm that we have a maven deployable app.
When you are done with all the above
1. Issue a pull request to me.
2. I would prefer if you make assumptions about things that have not been speced above as opposed to ask me questions. If you do have questions use the github issue comments to communicate with me.
3. Create a public gist where you describe your steps. The purpose of this is a) so as I can do it next time myself and b) to understand any assumptions/decisions you made. Assume that you are giving instructions to a relatively junior java programmer, comfortable with unix who has never used maven before but has used heroku before,
4. Provide a link to the gist above in your pull request comment above.
Instructions to Applicants
Please provide an one-line answer to the following 3 questions to be considered for the job:
1. Name one alternative to Maven?
2. What is the command to display the logs of a heroku running app?
3. When do you expect to have this done?
Do not under-or overbid. Do not ask for upfront payment. I think the job's budget is a reasonable pay for this job. I will pay exactly that amount to the person that does the job.
See prior jobs of mine like this (all receiving full pay, and 5.0 Feedback):
Other open jobs by this client
- Fixed-Price – Blog and Content Writers Needed!
- Hourly – C/C++ Linux Developer Needed - Long-Term, Full-Time Work. Work for oDesk!!
- Hourly – Excel specialist