A company specializing in designing innovative educational solutions seeking Data/Software Engineer to clean up and test data sets for online Masters-level course in Data Analytics. This position reports to Program Manager and works with team of instructional designers and software engineers.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following experience and skills:
• Masters in Computer Science or equivalent level of experience with:
o Background in probability and statistics.
o Fluency in at least one high-level programming language
o Fluency with at least one utility scripting language
o Experience with installing, setting up, and querying the relational database
• Experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL
• Strong quantitative analysis skills
• Strong error analysis and debugging skills
• Familiarity with shell scripting in a Unix environment
• Familiarity with both Windows and Linux operating environments
• Strong communication skills
• Works well with minimal supervision; self-starter
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
• Familiarity with data mining methods and techniques
• Familiarity with data mining software platforms
Educational Requirements: Ideal candidate has earned a Master's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience (see above)
Application Requirements: Interested applicants should submit ALL of the first four items to be considered: 1. Resume, 2. Cover letter (that details exactly how candidate meets all job requirements), 3. References, and, optionally, 5. Submit/provide links to available work samples.
Skills: test, science, analysis, debugging, unix, linux