We are looking for Java developer to join our engineering team. This is a long-term job opportunity with a lot of potentials for you to contribute and grow.
Your responsibility will be to design and extend modules of our java based application server platform.
The job will require 6 hours work time per week day and some common work hours (at least 4 hours per week day) between team in US and remote developers. Our time zone is either UTC-7:00 (summer and fall) or UTC-8:00 (winter and spring). Our office hour is typically from 10 am to 7pm.
* Strong experience in working with Java (3+ years) and UNIX
* Experience with one of the Java REST webservice frameworks (Jersey/RESTLET/RESTEASY)
* Experience with Solr/Lucene
* Excellent written and good verbal communication skills.
* Fluent in English.
* Experience in Unit testing and TDD practices.
* Be able to allocate 30+ hours/week.
* Java Test - https://www.odesk.com/tests/519
* Advanced Java Test - https://www.odesk.com/tests/476
* Machine learning, Recommender Systems/Collaborative Filtering, experience with mahout
* Experience with Spring framework, Hibernate, RabbitMQ
* Experience with EC2
Please include the answers to the following in your application:
1) List two ways to change the field weights in the relecance score
2) What is the maximum value for the solr relevance score?