· Market Research Specialist for a client of oDesk Enterprise Solutions, a rapidly-growing travel industry start-up based in San Francisco
· Conduct web research on potential new merchant partners via travel sites/blogs (70% of time)
· Working with US-based Partnerships team, initiate contact with assigned merchants and performing effective discovery of their services (30% of time)
· Consistently meet or exceed quota-based performance metrics as defined by the company while contributing to overall team goals
· Experience doing web research in a professional context, preferably in the travel & hospitality industry
· Excellent English language skills - spoken and written
· Great interpersonal skills, tenacity, resilience and presentation skills
· Able to work 5 - 7 hours each day between 5:00 AM - 5:00 PM Pacific Time
· Professional and confident phone/email skills and a passion for helping customers
Preferred Qualifications / Personal Characteristics
• Well-traveled; time spent living in North America or Europe a plus
• Previous experience in Internet or corporate sales - working knowledge of Salesforce is preferred
• Enjoys achieving assigned goals
To apply, please address each of the items below
• A brief description of previous web research you have completed
• How many hours are you available to work each week?
• How many LinkedIn connections do you have? Please provide a link to your profile.
• List of the top websites you use to conduct in-depth research on companies
Skills: research, english, linkedin, salesforce.com
Other open jobs by this client
- Fixed-Price – Blog and Content Writers Needed!
- Hourly – C/C++ Linux Developer Needed - Long-Term, Full-Time Work. Work for oDesk!!
- Hourly – Excel specialist