Your job will be to develop, test, and support new web applications and you should have experience with developing / working on front end and back-end work. We are looking for a dynamic and efficient developer who will develop our new website and work with the team through the implementation of the site from start to finish including testing. You will be responsible for full life cycle software development (design, development, testing, and maintenance) for code written.
You love developing, maintaining and monitoring applications while building innovative new features. The perfect candidate will need a keen eye for details and high standards for code quality and efficiency. Knowledge of best practices in building scalable applications is highly desirable. Part of the job of the candidate is to provide accurate timing estimates on their work with the ability to quickly to solve day-to-day issues but design for the long term while providing consistent daily updates to the team members
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
• 2-3 years experience developing websites with a combination of: PHP / MySQL development using Ubuntu Linux and Apache environment - required
• 2-3 years experience of developing Drupal modules required; familiar with Drupal 6.x and 7.x
• Worked with APIs such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps, etc.
• Familiarity of Unix / Linux OS working environment; configuration and command line usage
• Knowledge of Git (Source Code Control / Management SW) an asset
• Experience as back end developer practitioner with an impressive portfolio of completed web design projects with an ecommerce platform
• Experience implementing standards based websites built for accessibility, SEO and interactivity an asset
• Exceptional understanding of and practice using Object Oriented Coding principles
• Enjoy working both in teams and independently as required by the projects and tasks at hand
• Superior attention to detail and a strong ability to Q/A one's own work required
• Writes clean, compliant code – no messy stuff!
• Can communicate tech problems to a non-technical client team
• Able to deliver results in unstructured environment & with high level requirements
• Well organized and able to meet tight deadlines
Skills: linux, apache, facebook, unix