General network and server admin with good English skills needed for webcasting company with Drupal-based CMS. Requirements listed below. "Expert knowledge" items below are highest priority. "Knowledge" items below are desireable but somewhat lower priority.
- Expert knowledge of Amazon Cloud services (AWS): EC2, RDS, Load balancing, S3, and CloudFront
- Expert in scaling web services, big data management, best practices around security
- Expert knowledge of Linux: Ubuntu, RH, shell scripting, linux toosl, security
- Expert knowledge of Web servers: Apache, Solr, Varnish, Memcache, etc.
- Expert knowledge of HTML programming, debugging
- Expert knowledge of best practices for web server setup, security and management
- Expert knowledge of Google Apps: Gmail, Calendar, mobile
- Expert knowledge of PCs (Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP), setup, installation of tools, best practices for security.
- Knowledge of HTML5 desirable
- Knowledge of media streaming desirable (e.g. Akamai, Azure, CloudFront).
- Knowledge of flash deployment desirable (working with SWFs, FLA, FLV etc.)
- Knowledge of multi-site Drupal highly desirable
- Knowledge of sendmail or other Linux mail clients/servers highly desirable
- Knowledge of Windows server instances on AWS highly desirable
- Knowledge of Flash Media Server setup and management highly desirable
- Knowledge of FMLE highly desirable.
- Knowledge of video encoders, desktop video streaming tools (e.g VLC/ffmpeg) highly desirable
One of our biggest challenges in working with admins and developers outside the United States is proper attention to detail. In order to help us identify those most likely to do well in this regard, we require that applicants include the words "detail orientation" in their response. Please include resume.
Skills: amazon, management, linux, apache, varnish, debugging, gmail, vista, video, english