Talented front-end developer
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
READ THIS FIRST: We are getting flooded by applicants who are outside our timezone ± 2 hours. Don't apply if you are not within this window. We are not considering any candidates outside this window.
The days of plain and simple PSD2HTML conversions are over. The front-end has never been more challenging with the advent of HTML5, CSS3, responsive design and more of that front-end magic.
We are a young and ambitious web company of 14 cool people located in The Netherlands and the Czech Republic. We work on very cool projects that involve good UX design, great SEO findability and an overall very high-quality standard.
We are looking for a talented front-end developer who wants to join our global company. We'll start on a part-time basis (10-30 hours per week), but if everything goes well we are more than open for a full-time employment.
What we are looking for:
- Cool and friendly people who love the web as much as we do
- A healthy obsession about clean code structure
- Great JS skills
- Experience with responsive design
- Experience with HTML5 APIs
- Pragmatic browser compatibility freaks (test well, but don't do crazy/ugly stuff to optimize for IE6)
Bonus points if you are:
- Based in NL or CZ
- Have experience with Zurb Foundation or Twitter Bootstrap
- Have experience with a MVC-based JS framework
- Have experience with mobile browsers (Safari, Chrome for Android, etc.)
- Are familiair with version control systems (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Have some expertise with template implementation as well (Smarty, Latte, etc.)
- Have some expertise in PHP or similar languages
- We are NOT looking for people who have only experience with a specific framework (like jQuery) but not with vanilla JS. You need to be framework agnostic.
- Only apply if you are in GMT+1:00 or 2 hours out either side.
When applying to this job please include an extensive portfolio of your work. Don't just send a bunch of links, but provide a clear description of what part of the project you've done. Also describe which challenges you came across and which technologies and methods you incorporated.