Web project manager needed, help us recruit and manage a team of designers and programmers to design our customer's websites. (35 hours per week employment with reliable print publishing company)
Are you experienced with managing web projects?
Do you have a passion to grow teams as if they were their own?
We're an established publishing company looking to transition from print to web development. We have the sales and marketing experience necessary, but are missing the technical roles required to transition our publishing business.
Most importantly, for this position we need you to:
1. Recruit a development team for website development projects, and recruit new positions as we expand
2. Work independently and keep us informed of project progress and problems. For problems, identify the cause and recommend at least 2 actionable solutions.
3. Share knowledge and suggestions to help grow the business and your team's potential.
Your additional tasks include:
1. Create estimates, proposals, and detailed timelines for web projects
2. Mentor, coach and provide web technical assistance to publisher’s graphics designers
3. Make recommendations with regards to emerging trends, design requirements, and best practices for user interface development
4. Communicate with company customers acting as agent of the company without promoting personal business or contract work to company customers.
5. Oversee, coordinate, and perform monthly maintenance with your team on websites hosted by our company.
6. Design and implement inherently intuitive web application graphical user interfaces which meet customer requirements and enhance the overall user experience
7. Develop interface design mockups, or recruit a UI designer based on project requirements
8. Provide evaluation of and make recommendations for re-designing existing websites
9. Communicate with company customers acting as agent of the company without promoting personal business or contract work to company customers.
10. And lastly, maintain the utmost confidentiality about company and customer projects.
We area 30-year company that is print-focused from creating graphics to publishing niche publications in the residential construction industry and collateral materials (ads, brochures) for a variety of industries.
Our growth strategy involves moving our company into web/Internet media. This includes web design, coding and programming to provide these services to our customers.
Starting Rate: $15 per hour. Bonuses offered based on meeting sales goals.
How to Apply: Please answer the following questions in your Cover Letter
1. Tell us about the 3 most recent web projects you've managed.
2. For only one of the projects, tell us about the best success you directly were responsible for and why. Then, describe at least one failure you were responsible for and how you responded, and what happened eventually due to your action.
Skills: design, marketing, graphics, acting