WordPress Theme Support Specialist
WordPress Theme Support Specialist
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
We are looking for a star WordPress theme specialist who can help us with our every day support tickets that come into our ZenDesk account. Our development team has been assisting with these tickets, but I'd like them to focus on developing new themes rather than support.
- Fast and organized worker
- Needs to know how WordPress themes work and do some updates to fix users issues ( If you have any questions, you can also send us an email and we will assist you in answering their question(s).)
- Needs to know how to install themes on WordPress.
- Good understanding of CSS and PHP
- Knowledge of Java Script/jQuery is a plus
- Be fluent in English
- Professionalism, we expect our support team to be polite and helpful to our users.
- Good communication skills
- Respond to tickets within 24 hours.
- Reply to every day support tickets. The volume of tickets vary from day-to-day but we get an average of 3-5 tickets per day.
These tickets may require you to:
- Provide theme information (We realize there is a learning curve when starting any new job, so feel free to contact me for any clarification)
- Pre-sales questions
- Create macros for frequently asked questions which will save you time in the long-run.
- Install WordPress themes on to clients servers. (You will be required to safeguard any and all client login information.)
We're only interested in serious applicants who will provide answers to the 5 questions below. Please do not skip any questions. If you are unsure, it's okay to say "I'm not sure how to do this", but it's always important to respond to the best of your abilities. Please also note that these questions are not based on our themes, these are questions for testing purposes only. Those who fail to answer these questions will not be considered for the position.
How can I hide the logo in the header?
Hint: You will need to provide a CSS rule that will hide the logo in the header. Instruct the user to add your code into the "Custom CSS field" in their theme options.
I love the theme so far, but I wish that the 4 sub sections below the image slider (Reponsive Design, Awesome Sliders, Unlimited Colors, 500+ Google Fonts) would display the titles only, then expand to show the description and the Learn More link when you click on the title.
I need help with my theme, I don't know where to start.
Hi, I want to translate the theme into Spanish but I'm not sure how to do this?
Hint: You will need to run a Google search or otherwise to find the proper steps to install a new language, then instruct the customer to add their own translation file for the theme into the /languages folder. There is a specific program that they can use for translating a theme's PO and MO files. Find out what this program is called and let them know where to download it.
G'day, I'm interest in this theme: http://themes.purethemes.net/?them
Also, I might want to install it for a web service like WPMU. Can I do this with the regular licence?
- Please address the customer by first name. If no name is given, simply write "Hi there"
- Thank the customer for their question or for their interest in our theme, then answer the question politely
- If more information is required in order to answer the question, ask the customer for additional information
- Each response should follow with "Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions as I am happy to answer them" (only if you are able to answer the initial question)
- End each response with "Kind regards," and your first name
We look forward to hearing from you!