We're looking for a PHP engineer with experience building and working with complex, high-availability systems to work on the architecture and development of a number of PHP/MySQL applications. You need to have a passion for systems design and development, clean code, and solving complex problems and a desire to bring more joy to the world through your code!
* Design and development of stable, distributable PHP-based systems and associated add-ons/modules/etc
* Writing technical specifications/requirements and consulting/development of recommendations for current and future projects
* Code evaluation and testing
* Application security analysis
Skills & Requirements:
* PHP – Minimum 5 years of enterprise-level experience developing PHP/MySQL. You need to be a PHP (OO/MVC) pro and have a deep experiential understanding of all of it's nuances, quirks, and features.
* PHP frameworks – experience developing production systems with PHP frameworks such as Zend, Symfony, etc
* Experience with large-scale, full life cycle development projects
* Experience implementing unit testing and test-driven development
* Experience building customizable generic/agnostic systems
* Have a love for challenging projects and working both on small teams and in independent situations
* Experience developing security-sensitive LAMP-based applications
* JS frameworks such as jQuery, MooTools, Prototype, etc.
* Personal experience as an independent contractor/entrepreneur highly valued
* Experience writing technical and conceptual specifications
* A personal, nuanced understanding of Occam's razor in relation to software development
* Communication skills!