We are seeking a Lead Android Developer with 5+ years of Software Development Experience to work out of Atlanta GA for an amazing IT Consulting Firm located in the Perimeter area.
If you are interested in working with a great outgoing group of people this is the company for you! We are looking to add someone to our Technical team due to Android being a very popular technology.
We are a fast growing company; which means there is plenty of room to grow, learn, and lead!
As our Senior Android Developer you are expected to have a solid in-depth understanding of Java and the Android platform SDK and real-world experience launching successful apps in the Android Marketplace.
• Responsible for the design and development of our best-in-class Android clients for mobile and tablet devices for millions of users.
• Owning and driving both personal and team level goals from discovery to completion.
• Member of architecture team responsible for approving client architecture as well as client/server integration points and APIs.
• Be self-directed in a fast paced, growing organization with the ability to balance multiple customers, priorities, and objectives simultaneously.
• Guiding and mentoring junior to mid-level developers.
• Be a leader of and enforce Agile principles within the product development team.
• 8+ years of relevant software development experience.
• 3+ years of Android development experience.
• Understanding of video formats, playback, streaming, UI frameworks, and developing for multiple screen sizes.
• Experience developing and/or interfacing with WS APIs (SOAP/REST/JSON)
• Experience in building video playback applications on Android.
• Experience and passion for developing usable client SDKs.
• Excellent communicator who is passionate about quality, supportability, extensibility, and simple design.
• Experience on iOS.
• One or more published Android apps.
• Experience with Digital Rights Management (DRM) including PlayReady, OMA, WMDRM, AES
• Experience with Agile principles and practices such as TDD, Continuous Integration, daily Scrums, and sprint/release planning and execution.
We will consider H1B and some Visa's; please apply if you are interested.
Skills: design, agile, video, json, management, android-development