Web Development and Design for New Site Build
Web Development and Design for New Site Build
Hi guys, we need to build a beautiful, easy to navigate site with a custom bank end CMS where everything works. If you are a project manager this could be a team job. I am flexible and am happy for you to work in your own style when it comes to time of day and technologies etcetera. I look forward to reviewing your proposals with examples and cost and time estimates (0 applicant have done this so far). Lots of follow on business if this goes well. Good luck
POSSIBLE SERVICES REQUIRED FROM WEB DEVELOPERS
Please address these in detail in your proposal. Full details and instructions will be provided to successful bidder.
• Web development / design. Whatever tools are best but I imagine some java, HTML/5 PHP/5, CCS and MySQL
• Integrate Google Analytics.
• On page search engine optimization such as site map, robots.txt file, rich snippets, structured data and META tags (title and description tags are already written they just need to be evaluated and coded in).
• Web content management system for admin to update content (or train me to use a WYSIWYG program and FTP)
• Banner management system.
• Database of registered customers.
WEBSITE FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS
• User sign up with email verification. Users register with email address, name, public user name and password and can then log in to interact with the site.
• Full function user forum.
• Full function Founders Blog.
• Contact us page. User will need to be a memeber.
• Leave comments. Members can leave comments at the bottom of pages.
• Rate this page. Members can give each page a rating out of ten. Ratings are averaged and displayed.
• Odds calculators. Users enter odds and the calculator converts them and shows overround. Something like these but better.
• Site search
• Tell your friends about the Australian Sports Betting Guide. User enters names and email addresses of friends and friends get an email promoting the site.
• Add The Australian Sports Betting Guide to your favorites.
• Share and like on Facebook buttons.
ABOUT THE AUSTRALIAN SPORTS BETTING GUIDE
The aim of the Australian Sports Betting Guide is to provide useful resources to the Australian sports betting public, to keep our readers up to date with industry goings on such as news and job vacancies and to be the meeting point for the Australian sports betting community.
We will use the above to create revenue through affiliate marketing programs, email marketing to our user database, paid advertising, pay per click and sponsored articles.
We launched in 2010 and were the victims of hacking. We are now re-launching with a new URL and, with your help, a better website. This is not a quick commission grabber. With the content and concept we already have good web development and design will make this the best sports betting related site in Australia.
We are a one man operation run by a sports betting expert and industry insider who draws on considerable experience as a professional sports bettor as well as having worked for multiple online betting agencies in Australia and internationally.
The Australian Sports Betting Guide will consist of ~21,000 words over around 40 inside pages, the majority of which are text based such as articles, reviews, about us etc. The content has already been written and will be out key to success
Clarity, beauty, function and ease of use are the keys. The logo, image, look and feel need to communicate that the site is Australian, rather than English or American, and that it is about Sports Betting, rather than horse racing, poker, casino or any other type of gambling. We have a logo from our last web design we are open to staying with that or using a new one. We need a favicon. The site must look trustworthy.
Advertising banners and links to bookmaker’s sites must be taken into account as they will appear on almost all pages.
Users will register by entering a name, public username, password and a valid email address. This data and IP address will become an important asset to us and needs to be kept in a database and backed up. Once registered, users will need to be able to “log on” at subsequent visits.
The first version of this site was hacked as such we will be very security conscious this time with strong passwords and all submissions from users will have to pass a human test such as a capture and should be sandboxed until approved by admin.
PROJECT SCHEDULE AND BUDGET
Having already developed and launched this page before we are well organized and have all content, urls, server info and detailed instructions ready to go. We expect this to reduce the time and cost compared to other projects of this type.
Our current timetable calls for an agreement with a web developer by 31/03/2013 and a fully operational and ready to promote site by 23/05/2013.