Founded in 2000, KLab inc. is a leading Japanese mobile social game publisher headquartered in Tokyo, with offices in Philippines, Singapore, Shanghai, and America. KLab America is our new San Francisco studio, creating and operating games for the US market. We have a startup culture, but the resources of a public parent company. We are based in San Francisco’s RocketSpace, a bustling start-up incubator. However this position is OK for remote telecommuting.
We are looking for a server-side developer to work on our games. You’ll be working closely with a small team to plan and develop the server side for our game titles.
- Develop specs for server side architecture
- Work closely with our client side developers to spec out APIs
- Develop and ship game server code
- Create tools that non-technical game designers can use
- Development experience in python or ruby preferred (others considered)
- Experience with mysql. MongoDB and sqlachemy or other ORMs a plus
- Tools development experience such as game level editors a plus
- Game development experience a plus
- 1~3 month duration
- no location requirement (telecommute)
If you like games, that will be a big plus! This is a fun gig for the right person, with the chance to try lots of new technologies and broaden your skills.
Please respond with some short code samples, or a link to a GITHUB repo. Links to other projects and a description on what you did on them would also help.
This position is OK for remote developers, possibly with a long-term view to joining our teams in Tokyo or San Francisco.