Application Development that monitors and interacts with a network of intelligent batteries located across the globe. Application is cloud based ( Big Data Technologies )
Design, build and run systems for cloud based application deployment, systems orchestration and configuration management.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Define & evolve the development operations strategy including selection of technologies, platforms, tools and programming languages for production use
• Work with developers to optimise existing application and to design new ones
• Contribute to designing internal processes needed in the running of a high performance development and operations organisation
• Low level system and high level application monitoring
• Support production web applications and infrastructure
• Encourage everyone to think about how new applications will be run and maintained
• Participation in design, architecture, development and maintenance of platform elements ofproducts
• Ad hoc participation in software design, estimation of development tasks, testing, QA process, pair programming, troubleshooting, code reviews and code debugging
• 4+ years of professional web operations experience with a focus on dev ops for at least 2 years
• Expert with Unix & Linux fundamentals including systems administration and shell scripting
• Experience in Agile development and DevOps methodologies
• Experience configuring web and application servers with knowledge of common web application architectures
• Experience with multiple programming languages
• Experience with EC2 or similar dynamic provisioning ( IaaS, PaaS etc )
• Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, CFEngine.
• Experience administering a complex multi-server system
• Administration and tuning of production database systems ( document, object and relational )
• Knowledge of network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
• Knowledge of file systems and storage
• Knowledge of common deployment patterns
• Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration & Source Control systems
• Experience with capacity planning
• Experience with load and performance testing techniques
• Highly available systems design
• Installation and usage of monitoring tools; e.g. Nagios, Ganglia, Riemann, Graphite, etc.
• Experience with configuration, deployment and management of at least one web applicationstack.
• A good understanding of data structure design and concurrency
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science or a related discipline
• Team Leadership
• Experience with automated testing and QA processes
• Compliance, auditing and security
Skills: management, puppet, design, debugging, linux, leadership, science, test, administration, unix, troubleshooting, agile, qa