We are looking for an Engineering manager for a fast growing company based in Chicago.
The candidate must be a headstrong, hands-on approach manager who can constructively direct and coach the technical team (and support teams) to optimize performance.
- Work in coordination with cross-functional groups and leadership to define requirements and implement solutions to business.
- Implement Agile development practices.
- Daily/weekly code review (refactoring where required) with ability to comment on OOP(PHP), iOS and Android Development.
- Continuous optimization of development process, coding practices and developer productivity.
- Manage & maintain our AWS infrastructure with focus on scalability and redundancy.
- Must be enthusiastic about writing/contributing code on a regular basis and exploring new frameworks.
- Developing software or writing scripts to fill gaps in our business process's in a cost effective manner
- Linux or other Unix-like operating systems.
- Strong OOP background in PHP. Our web applications are written in the Kohana framework. The candidate must demonstrate experience in Kohana or atleast in competing Object Oriented PHP frameworks.
- Hands-on experience in jquery/Ajax.
- Expert in Mysql and Postgresql administrative and design skills.
- Experience in Shell scripting / Ruby / Perl.
- Experience in managing Amazon Ec2, RDS, S3 infrastructure.
- Experience in a scrum master role would definitely be an advantage
- Experience in CCS3 and HTML5 are a definite advantage.