Designer and Front-End Developer for Large Community Website Re-design
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
DO NOT APPLY TO THIS JOB WITHOUT READING THE FULL DESCRIPTION. APPLICATIONS WHO IGNORE INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE MARKED AS SPAM.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
My website is SupplementReviews.com. I've been the designer and programmer on this site for the last 7 years. I have no design experience (as you can tell by looking at the site).
I recently hired a developer who is setting the site up on the Code Igniter MVC framework, so now we are ready to get help on the design!
We are looking to hire a front end developer who can create and implement a fresh new modern layout which will display all of our dynamic content to our 30k+ visitors per day in an intuitive and simple manner.
==Some of the design challenges:
- Dynamic content. We have thousands of pages generated from the same templates, so the designer will need to be aware how the page will be generated for different scenarios.
- Lots of content to be organized. For example, look at all the content we have packed into this page: http://supplementreviews.com/usp-l
- Directing Traffic and A/B testing. We make most of our revenue on people clicking on the "Where to Buy" price links at the top of each product page, so we want to experiment with different layouts which promote these links better.
- Integrated SMF forum. We would want our forum to get a fresh, similar theme as well: http://supplementreviews.com/forum
This position would be about 30-40 hours per week for a month or two until the theme is done. After, we would like to keep you around on a part-time basis for A/B testing, adding new features/sections of the site, updating the existing theme, fixing bugs, etc.
It can be tough sifting through dozens of applications, so if you want a chance at this job, please answer the following questions at the beginning of your application:
1. Please provide THREE of the most closely related sites you have designed to SupplementReviews.com. Each URL must also include what your duties for that site were.
2. Which CSS framework are you familiar with?
3. Do you have experience with Code Igniter or another type of MVC framework?
4. Do you have experience with JQuery?
5. What would be your suggestions for improving the look of SupplementReviews.com?
6. What is your skype ID?
7. What is your availability like over the next 3-6 months?
If we like your answers, we will chat with you on skype and then hire you for a few hours to create a quick mock-up. Based on the mock-ups of the site submitted to us, we will pick a designer.
If you do not follow the above directions to apply for the job, you have a 0% chance of getting hired.