Technical Director / Senior Web Developer / Awesome coder and manager!!
Do you have experience building and maintaining complex database driven websites? Do you want to work in a small web based company where you have full responsibility for all things website related?
You will have the opportunity to work for the UK’s most visited student jobsite – over 3 million people a year visit the site, and we are looking for someone to maintain / rebuild the websites. We have ambitious expansion plans and so are looking for someone who can outsource work effectively and in time manage other coders, and ultimately help grow the business even further
Although we do not expect you to move to the UK (applications from Eastern Europe will be accepted), we will expect you to travel to the UK periodically and initially. This cost will be met by the company. PLEASE DO NOT apply if you live in Asia / Africa as the cost of travel is prohibitive.
Dependent on experience a generous salary of up to £20,000 per year is on offer (dependent on experience). Additional enhanced benefits are available; 27 days holiday with Bank Holidays on top. Equity in the company may also be included after a successful initial period.
SKILLS: The ideal candidate will need the following skills and experience:
· Proven ability in delivering large and complex projects
· Experience as a senior developer
· Ability to build interfaces using XHTML, CSS & JQuery
· Exceptional PHP5, MySQL & XML Skills
· Experience with administering databases - Inserting, querying, optimising and managing data stored in databases or files
· You must be able to outsource, understand what value you and others can add to the business, and manage people.
· You must be organised and methodical – and able to document work.
· You must have experience of server management
- Demonstrable experience with Wordpress
Preferred skills / experience
· If you have worked on jobsites before – then that is an enormous bonus (but not required)
· Experience with managing staff is preferred – but not required.
· Prototyping, wire framing
· SEO techniques
· Social media – Facebook, Twitter etc.
PLEASE NOTE - this is a PERMANENT position, and we will expect you to work exclusively with us. There will be a clause within your contract stating that you are not to work for anyone else whilst under contract with us.
We are also offering a finders fee of £500 - so if this vacancy is not suitable please pass it on and let other people know. Subject to us hiring someone and employing them for a minimum of 90 days you may be eligible for a payment of £500 if you have referred them. Conditions apply