day-to-day development & support of Wind River’s BI applications by leveraging a team of developers with CRM and ERP backgrounds. The successful candidate must have experience with project implementations, production support (analyzing and resolving system issues), enhancements, and component development as part of large projects.
The BI landscape at Wind River includes Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE Platform 10.1.3.4, Application 7.9.6, Informatica 8.6, DAC 10.1.3.4) leveraging SalesForce Sales, Marketing and Oracle Finance and Supply Chain source systems.
The landscape also includes Hyperion Financial Management 9.3.1 (HFM) and Hyperion Planning 9.3.1.
• Support BI initiatives and provide insight to the Wind River BI landscape.
• Work with IT Business Analyst teams to gather and analyze business reporting requirements from end users and translate them into reporting designs.
• Participate in all phases of the BI software development life cycle including business analysis and technical design of BI data models, multidimensional metadata layers, query objects, and ETL processes; development of the reports and report templates, prototyping, testing and deployment.
• BI data architecture and data model design, configuration, development & deployment.
• Execute, monitor and tune BI application jobs including report scheduling and distribution.
• Troubleshoot BI related issues such as performance, data integrity, user access, security, and report delivery.
• Provide end user support and training as needed.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to both IT and business leaders.
• A strong ability to understand reporting needs from a business perspective.
• A strong sense of methodology, process and metrics; in managing people, functions, and projects.
• A self-starting team player with the ability to influence cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong people skills; able to interact at all levels of the organization
• Process and results-oriented.
• 3+ years of experience in business analytics or dashboard management; preferably for ERP (Financials).
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience required.
• Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability in leveraging Oracle and SalesForce Business Intelligence to achieve strategic corporate objectives. A keen understanding of the key performance indicators which drive strong performance in sales and finance at the corporate level.
• Must have a strong technical foundation, excellent analytical skills and also have the ability to deliver quality results.
• Experience in working with OBI Answers, OBI Dashboards, scorecards, OBI Delivers and configuring Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities and using Dashboard and Page Level Prompts and Filters.
• Experience in setting up Session Variables and Repository Variables using various Initialization Blocks, hierarchies, level based measures and time series calculations in the repository (RPD). Configure repository on all the three layers (Physical Layer, Business Logic and Mapping Layer and Presentation Layer).
• Experience in Data Modeling using Dimensional Data Modeling, Star and Snowflake Schema modeling Fact and Dimension tables, SCDs, and Physical and Logical data modeling.
• Ability to design and develop ETL/DAC content using Informatica and the OBIEE DAC application.
• Experience with administration, configuration and installation of OBIEE.
• Strong knowledge of relational databases, SQL and PL/SQL.
• Siebel BI (Sales) experience a plus.
• Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and Hyperion Planning experience a plus.
Skills: marketing, finance, management, analysis, design, prototyping, training, administration