I need somebody to give me an overview on how a website I have in mind can be built. I want to talk to several people to get some perspectives. I can pay up to $ 10 to skype with me for 20 minutes.
I'd like somebody to define terms for me. I'd like to know my options for programming languages for front end and back as well as estimates as to how many hours/how much $ certain functions may require.
What I need it to do:
- basic homepage and subpages
- sign up & log in on top of pages: I have forms ready to be filled out. I'd like suggestions about back end programming language and database info.
-video chat portal for users: probably toxbox. Once logged in I want users to be able to connect via a portal with toxbox api and IM.
I'd like to know your thoughts on:
- what languages to use for the front and back
- how the user login & profile system will be built
- how the video chat / IM portal will be built
- (Approx)How many hours/how much $ to take my info (pdf files of a homepage layout & login forms) to build a functioning home page?
- Same question about a video chat/IM portal, though this functionality is less important for now than getting a home page & user system.
As you can probably tell, I want to get advice from people who have experience doing the steps I laid out. I'll check your experience. I may be able to hire you for the actual work depending on how things go. I will be speaking with several people to get varied perspectives and try to get a feel for best practices.
I live in California and would like to do this around noon on Saturday, but I'm very flexible and am available after 7PM here as well.
Thanks fellow humans,