Web application - Allocation system - LAMP with jQuery
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
I am a web developer and am looking for a small web application to be developed running on PHP, MySQL, Linux and making good use of jQuery, clean xHTML & CSS. This is a personal project but I don't have enough time at the moment to do this myself.
The general gist of the application is to have an allocation system for a number of projects where you can assign individuals to these tasks on a day to day basis.
I have created some wireframes at the following URL: https://tqs.hotgloo.com/wf/5418f5a
If you press the 'show sidebar' link at the bottom right hand side of the screen you will see a menu with a list of screens showing the required functionality.
If you message me I can provide more specific information on how it will work but I don't want to go in to too much detail in this application.
The wireframes should show a lot of what the web application is required to do. There will be some logic to how the allocations are made and some requirements for other sections (which I will produce to any applicants that apply for the job). But this is as you would expect for any web application such as form validation and some logic to prevent unwanted behaviour. The web application has to be usable and user friendly and not allow incorrect data to be entered. I have not explicitly said this within the wireframes but I hope I do not have to, as its standard.
The database schema is already designed. The wireframes are simply to show the functionality and general structure of the design. I will more than likely style the application so it needs to be written so it can be styled easily with CSS. It still needs to resemble the wireframes in terms of structure however.
I have worked out how every bit will work and have done similar web applications so you can be confident that your questions can be answered properly.
There is only one screen left to design called the daily diary. This screen will effectively allow someone to make notes on what they did during the day and attach some files and/or photos to that note. Basically like a calendar view just for that day. I'm hoping to have that speced out in the next day or so, so please appreciate this extra work which is not currently displayed in the wireframes.
- I am not interested in anyone that is learning to be a web developer. You need to have been involved in web development for a few years and are comfortable with all of the expected languages that I have listed.
- you need to be able to speak good English and be responsive with emails, i.e. not waiting a whole day for a reply to a question.
- I will set milestone payments up but I Do expect to see the work in progress code. Ideally I would be up to log onto a server with SSH and see for myself. As I said, I could develop this myself but I want to see that what is being written so I can be confident that the application is being developed in the right way. I'm not picky on specific programming techniques and styles, but I need to know that it's on the right track and will meet the project requirements. If this is going to be a problem please do not apply as I will want access to the code.
- reasonable confidence that the project will be completed on time. I appreciate until you start developing the application you can not always be sure on how long certain work will take and certain issues will arise, however I do not want to find this out when the project is expected to be finished. I do not want someone to take this on and not be able to give enough time to this project because they are busy with other work.
- some example work that you have been involved in to prove to me that you have the necessary skills to develop the application without having to work out how everything is going to work. There are a few areas which I appreciate will need to be worked out but I am looking for someone that knows how this will be developed rather than hoping they will work it out when they start developing it. If this is the case then I will be looking to someone else to develop it.
- I am not looking to pay per hour - I am only going to pay a fixed price for the work. Therefore I am not interested in what your hourly rate is.
If you finish it on time I will will more than likely give you a bonus.
I expect to have 30 days when the project is delivered to check for any bugs that will be fixed as part of the fixed price fee that is agreed.
I will own the rights for the code and you will sign an agreement acknowledging this.
I am a very honest and reasonable person. I do not mess people around and I expect the same in return. If at any time you cannot continue with the work I need to know as soon as possible. I am a man of my word and I will pay what we have agreed.
If you have any questions or can't access the URL properly please just let me know.