Need a simple script to verify the contents of XML files.
Should be written in Python
The short description is:
- script should allow one or more filenames to be specified on the command line
- it should backup the existing file as <filename>.bak
- in each file it should find each <comptency> element
- if a <comment> element does not exist then it should be added, and a warning should be printed
- the corrected file should be written out
I have started the script and can provide more detailed file samples of what we have in mind to the designated developer.