Language Website Design & Programming
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
This job posting is for a talented web designer / programmer to build a language learning website from scratch. The website will be a location for people learning a second language to find a conversation partner and exchange contact details. The website needs to follow a "pinboard" theme throughout.
(Proposed the navigation map is attached, with complete individual page designs provided to applicants during the interview stage)
The website will be relatively simple with only 5 core pages and a number of smaller pop up pages. (Draft Home & Search page attached (2 of 5 pages)). The website will require people to sign up in order to view profiles and contact other members, but can also be browsed to a limited extent without signing up, but with no access to user profiles.
The main challenge of this website will be creating an attractive website that provides the best user experience while being visually appealing to the user.
The website will have the following functionality:
- Log-in / sign-up functionality
- Search functionality (of member database)
- Basic profile page (Image upload)
- Email functionality
- Support multiple languages (Pages translations will be provided)
- Webcrawler integration (Not mandatory, would be highly appreciated)
- You need to be skilled in all elements of website design and implementation. From excellent database skills (MySql or similar), client side coding (Ajax, jQuery, HTML5/CSS3 etc) and strong understanding of server side coding (Php, Ruby etc).
We are not restricting applicants to one particular language or method and will review all proposals selecting the most efficient and modern solution.
- You must be able to demonstrate a proven history of developing similar websites.
- You must speak excellent English and be available over skype
- Ability to understand concept, follow draft designs while implementing your own creative solutions into the project.
- Up to date on the latest web technology, design methodology, coding standards (W3C)
- Attention to detail. Ability to meet deadlines, identify potential problems before they occur, effectively communicate with customer
The price we are willing to pay to an applicant will vary depending on your skills and work history. People who can demonstrate a track record of delivering quality results, on time will be compensated accordingly.
Agreed price will be paid on a milestone basis with the schedule of payments to be determined with the selected applicant.
We are a start up company based in Germany looking to expand our network with highly talented programmers and designers. We are using this as a pilot with the goal of establishing long term relationships with the right applicants and utilising them on future projects.
Skills: english, design