Technical Project Manager
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
My name is Crystal and we're looking to hire a Technical Project Manager for our virtual company, Project Topo. Pay close attention to the details below before applying or you may end up immediately declined for not following them.
Currently we're in the process of developing a social media/contact app called Komo2o (komo2o.com - although there isn't really much there yet) which is similar to Nimble, a blog called Komo2oTree, and a coaching type program based around the process.
At the moment we are still in the beginning phases of creation on all of these things, but we know what we want the products/services to be.
Our first TPM had to step back due to her workload, and we need to replace her ASAP.
You will be working directly with me, Crystal - I am the head Project Manager for ALL projects that fall under Project Topo (and there are a lot); but you're mainly running the show when it comes to Komo2o, as TPM duties are not in my wheelhouse.
- You MUST be U.S. or Canada based (or equivalent time zone while still meeting the criteria below), that can easily make EST phone calls.
- We have a weekly group phone call every Thursday night at 9pm EST that CANNOT be missed by the TPM. I am in CST, some of our core players are EST (including our owner, Scott), and we have a key consultant that is PST - so juggling group calls can be a headache. But don't worry, I schedule those. Outside of this group phone call, I don't much care if the work you do is done during the day, or night, but you do need to be around to answer my emails during the daytime.
- You MUST speak English as your first and native language.
- I really can't guarantee a consistent amount of hours each week, they definitely tend to fluctuate as we're still creating our virtual team and some items tend to get hung up waiting on other players. Once we're a few steps ahead of where we are now, we will gain more momentum and things will move at a quicker pace. But since you're the lead, there's always more stuff for you to do, and you'll have someone to assist you with research, etc...if you're aren't able to do it. I would say that right now you can probably find 5-10 hours a week of things to do.
- We have a lot of items that were already built out by our first TPM, so you've got groundwork to build off of; and we're not looking for her stuff to be redone, as we're very happy with the work she provided.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Direct and oversee the Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) which encompasses the planning, organizing and managing of resources to bring about the successful completion of specific projects goals and objectives. This includes developing detailed project plans, establishing milestones and defining the resources required.
• Partner with technical leads to direct and oversee the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which encompasses establishing a logical process in developing information systems, requirements and implementation which will result in the production of a highly qualified system that meets or exceeds expectations.
• Sound knowledge of Agile / Scrum concepts in technology development
• Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; develop methods to monitor project or area progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary.
• Responsibility for assembling the project staff; for their technical or functional development, performance, and/or termination during the project or projects.
• Lead status meetings, track and maintain detailed issues and risk lists, and prepare appropriate project meeting minutes and status reports. Meets regularly with other related areas to ensure that integration issues are identified and resolved.
• Conduct scoping sessions and assist in the creation of work and proposal statements. This may include providing technical approaches, tasks, deliverables, work estimate, assumptions, dependencies, etc.
I look forward to speaking with you. Please make sure that your cover letter is personal and addresses items in my post. If it doesn't, I will decline you. Attention to detail is key, and if you can't follow instructions in a job posting you're not a good fit.
Other open jobs by this client
- Hourly – Excel Expert