Project Manager / Lead Visual Studio C# Developer...
HISTORY: I have been working on developing an application for the last several months. It has become apparent that in order to be successful, this project requires a dedicated project manager who can assist in organizing my project, recommending the best technical means to achieving the required results, as well as instructing other developers on their tasks technically, as well as verifying their work and ensuring the project moves forward quickly; while routinely adding new functions and features yourself as instructed.
OVERVIEW: You will be responsible for analyzing the existing code, and give your opinions on the current state of the application, and recommend changes and technical direction as necessary. The code was originally written by a single developer, and then some new developers took over to optimize the code and clean it up considerably. You will be taking over. Now that the code is organized and "easy to work on" it is time to start quickly adding features based on detailed mockups and project specs that will be provided as needed.
The following is a list of jobs that need to be completed before moving on to adding new features:
• Convert hosted MySQL database to a local database for improved performance.
• Implement a "framework" to interact with web sites (NOT through the browser).
• Implement a multi-threaded "framework" to speed up time consuming tasks.
• Implement a system for sending follow-up messages to users based on existing code.
• Fix numerous bugs currently assigned tickets on our hosted SVN.
• Fix several hanging problems that seem to occur when expected HTML is not returned.
• Extend existing code to work with multiple web sites as needed (currently 4).
Applicants should be familiar with the following technologies:
• MySQL (and other databases)
• SVN (Hosted solutions like "Apache Subversion")
• Microsoft "Visual Studio" 2010/2012
• 10+ years experience as a C# developer (references required).
• 5+ years experience with databases and program architecture.
• 3+ years experience as a project manager and/or team leader.
• Significant experience in writing PC desktop applications.
• Experience writing web automation AND scraping applications.
• Experience with licensing and obfuscation/encryption software.
• Experience in creating easy to use UI; User Interfaces.
• Experience with Telerik & Infragistics controls for WinForms.
• Experience managing a hosted SVN solution & using Apache Subversion.
POSITION: This is a long term position for the right applicant. The software being developed is currently only about 5% complete, and requires much more work in order to finish it. You will oversee development, provide technical direction to other programmers, as well as develop and code the most important functions of the software. You will ensure the functions are being developed at a rapid pace, and that they are delivered on-time based on pre-determined milestones. You will be paid an hourly rate for the term of the project bi/monthly. You will be expected to submit detailed invoices with hourly break-downs for payment, and you must also be available via Skype during business hours and reply to most emails with-in 24 hours.
Excellent communication and adherence to meeting deadlines is mandatory for this position!
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SERIOUS AMOUNT OF TIME TO COMMIT LONG TERM TO THIS PROJECT. THIS IS A FULL TIME POSITION FOR SEVERAL MONTHS. PLEASE BIG ACCORDINGLY WITH YOUR BEST **BULK RATES**.
ANY GENERIC MESSAGES BEING SENT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE DISREGARDED! SEND A UNIQUE AND DETAILED INTRODUCTION LETTER WHICH ACKNOWLEDGES YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE JOB REQUIREMENTS, AND STATE HOW YOU CAN BE AN ASSET TO THIS PROJECT BASED ON PAST EXPERIENCE AND WHAT YOU CAN BRING TO THE TABLE TO ENSURE THE SUCCESS OF THIS APPLICATION.
Because this is a long term project, and this is a very important position, I am requesting a FREE detailed phone/Skype conversation where we will go over the details of the job, as well as an analysis of the existing code before you start. Applicants will be given one or more tests to perform to prove you have the skills and experience required to do the job properly before hiring. Due to many programmers mis-representing their skills and experience, unfortunately this has become a requirement.