• A year of Unix System Administrator technical consultant with a strong work ethic.
• Proven experience in network/hardware/operating system troubleshooting, system integration, technical support, system administration and customer service helpdesk.
• An excellent problem-solver, able to quickly grasp complex systems and identify opportunities for improvements and resolution of critical issues.
• Flexible and willing to work on extended hours even during holidays.
• A team player and willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and can handle workloads under pressure and can meet deadlines.
• Technology Consultant for SHARED UNIX & AS/400 Platform
• Build strong working relationship with Technical Supervisor, Customer Service Agent and tower support and technology teams.
• Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitor performance
& troubleshoot alerts from commercial, open source and locally developed monitoring tools.
• System failure analysis and recovery; insuring the consistency and integrity
of file systems.
• Good awareness of the customers’ business and in-depth knowledge of the customer’s environment and support processes.
• Complying with the ITSM & SLA standards by observing the Incident Management lifecycle processes.
• Be proactive to anticipate issues or situations which impact service availability and critical response time, and take necessary mitigation steps escalating to management’s attention, where appropriate.
• Ensure the following of processes and best practices outlined by the Technical Supervisor and Management.
• Follow training plans, requirements and schedules as outlined by the Technical Supervisor.
• Complete and keep up to date with all Mandatory trainings. (ITSM, Security Fundaments, Standards of Business Conduct, Environmental Health and Safety, Standards of Personal Conduct)
• Ensure all cases are acted upon conscientiously and in the framework expected according to the SLA.
• Provide clear and unambiguous communication within Incident Management case tools with frequent and timely updates.
• Chase any outstanding teams for case updates as appropriate, whether internal or external, ensuring that cases are resolved in a timely manner and do not breach SLA, else when required escalate to the Technical Supervisor / Customer Service Agent.
• Provide Root Cause Analysis for major incident assigned by the Technical Supervisor and/or handled by the team.
• Provide report analysis for recurring incidents and responsible in creating Problem Records.
• Set the default threshold limits for file system
• Resolve performance issues
• Manage resources for potential performance issues
• Trained Level II UNIX Engineer for UNIX Fundamentals
• Single Point of Contact for Unilever AS/400 account