The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, contractors, and Partners.
As a systems administrator, you will be required to work as a part of a team to initiate, plan, and execute projects. Activities include defining the needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of staff in executing, testing and rolling out the solutions.
• Build and maintain redundant cloud infrastructure - a dedicated cloud server on Godaddy and a usage based cloud infrastructure on Amazon, AWS.
• Ensure codes written by engineers are deposited and saved in SVN locally and then backed up to the cloud infrastructure daily.
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project requirements
• Develop and maintain system configuration procedures
• Contribute to and maintain system standards
• Research and recommend innovative technology to help automate tasks and improve workflow. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and considering scalability.
• Ensure daily, weekly and period backups while periodically performing full recovery from backups
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
• Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Friendly disposition and great sense of humor
• Impeccable communication and organization skills
• Always aware mindset to be available to troubleshoot problems fix issues
• Proficient in server and desktop administration with serious expertise in Linux
• Proficient in troubleshooting Microsoft Operating Systems
• Strong familiarity in setting up networks and general networking knowledge
• Strong ability to deploy, configure and manage Linux servers
• Help desk or IT service experience
• Ability to demonstrate consistent follow through on assigned tasks
• Ability to efficiently and proactively set up and maintain computers and peripheral hardware
Additional Skills and Interest
• Light office administration skills
• Release and change management
• Writing, planning and project management
• Database design and administration
• Design and Prototyping skills
• Scripting and Coding skills (Web, Java, JSF, JSP, HTML, CSS)
• Experience supporting a high traffic website in a 24/7 environment
• Hands-on experience with full site deployments from the planning/design stages to full implementation
• Analysis and performance tuning of MySQL
Other open jobs by this client
- Hourly – NLP Expert