We are a technology start-up firm based in Cambridge, UK. We have recently launched our website - KisanHub.com.
KisanHub is a platform to provide a decision support system and data analytics tools for farmers. It also hosts an on-line garden/farm store. The main idea is to bring in disparate data sources together to build a decision support model. The site will also host tools for gardeners.
We are looking for enthusiastic writers who have a keen interest in farming and/or gardening. Following are the responsibilities:
1. Write technical articles on different areas or a specific area in farming and/or gardening. Some of the examples (and these are just examples) are agronomy, livestock management, horticulture, farm machinery, food processing, irrigation, pest control, biotechnology, other technology areas in farming and vegetable cultivation, floriculture, green houses, irrigation, organic gardening under gardening.
2. Constantly review, add, enhance and cull (if necessary) the content for the web pages on the site. Check for their accuracy and devise a plan to constantly update these pages. We need a person who can take proactive approach here to come up with a strategy and should have tremendous focus on keeping old and new users engaged with genuine ideas.
3. Work closely with technology team and develop the content in tune with the development activities. Feed back the user opinions and your personal views into the development team.
Ideally we are looking to hire 2 candidates. One for the farming and one for the gardening. The person must have:
1. Excellent command over written and spoken English. Be able to write and explain technical subjects in a simple, easy to understand English;
2. Ability to write grammatically correct English;
3. Should have a deep understanding of the relevant subject matter;
4. Be able to discuss ideas/catch-up over Skype in UK time;
5. Be enthusiastic, technologically savvy and eager to help users; and
6. Ability to carry out research independently, reference work in a scientific way and in general write articles which are backed by the data and references.
In order to apply:
1. Please take a look at our website (www.kisanhub.com) and send us one A4 page article on what area (farming/gardening/both) you would like to focus, bullet points on your ideas and explain how you can contribute;
2. Mention your compensation expectations and number of hours you can work on this project every week; and
3. The compensation expectations could be either fixed price ($/article) or your hourly rate.
PLEASE READ THE JOB SPECIFICATIONS FULLY, SPEND SOME TIME TO THINK, FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND THEN APPLY.
Skills: research, english, management