Closed - This job posting has been filled.
Nomorerack Retail Group Inc. is looking for a Copy Writer to join our dynamic team on a freelance basis. This position will be working within our editorial department, writing copy for the website. The successful candidate will be a team player who is organized, thorough, assertive, proactive, self-sufficient, flexible, and resourceful and has excellent writing, editing, time-management, and communication skills. This position is full-time, from Thursday-Sunday and part time on other days.
Nomorerack.com is an e-commerce site—an online shopping destination for those who want quality, brand-name apparel, accessories, and more at prices up to 90% off retail. We offer authentic designer merchandise as well as non-branded, trendy items and fabulous fashions and unbelievable prices.
Key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Working virtually alongside the editorial and purchasing teams to write copy that will engage customers and sell products
· Writing descriptions of products to effectively communicate what’s on offer to customers on a daily basis
· Recognizing what crucial details in a description are necessary to sell a product and acquiring those details when not available upfront
· Editing and updating existing webpages to help create a mistake-free site
· Adhering to the house style guide when writing new copy and updating existing copy for consistency
Skills and experience required:
· 3+ years of proven copywriting experience, preferably for online media
· Diploma or degree in English, Media, Journalism, Communications, or equivalent experience
· Adaptable writing style to suit different target audiences and product categories without requiring much guidance
· Must be able to think on your feet and come up with original and exciting copy in a short time frame
· Excellent grasp of spelling and grammar
· Impeccable attention to detail and consistency
· Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, plus adapt to emerging priorities
· Strong time-management skills and ability to write up to 120 pieces of copy per day, quickly but effectively
· Enjoy working under pressure and to a deadline
· Firm knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style is a plus
Skills: english, journalism, grammar