Online Courses (Second Set)
Online Courses (Second Set)
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
We are in need of immediate updates to two online courses.
We ask that you stay as close as possible to the est. hours. You will be paid a an hourly rate of $5 per hr.
1) Pediatric Spinal Column Cord Injuries
2) Pediatric Abdominal Trauma
ESTIMATED HOURS: 15..
DEADLINE: ASAP! (Sept. 13th)
NOTE: "INSTRUCTIONS ARE ON THE FTP SERVER INSIDE THE ASSOCIATED WORD DOC(S)."
I will provide FTP access upon hire. Also, be sure to read the information below as it is extremely important that you are informed of these things PRIOR TO STARTING the project. Lastly, please know that if you complete this project correctly and on time we will offer you residual work each month. If you can kick these out in 3 days or less you're our contractor!
Our rule for the instructional designer is that content requests have to fit without scrolling, and some pages have too much content. I can typically catch when that will likely happen, but if I miss it (or forget to review it), please raise a red flag to me and we'll have our instructional designer reconsider the content.
There are only a few things I would like you to consider:
1) Don't use an 'img' style to any pages (that sets a border). It is a bit dangerous to use such a broad style selector. Better to use a style selector class and then apply that class when needed. I've also found the broad style on knowledge check pages, and it makes the remediation graphics look poor (the remediation icons have black borders).
2) Some general ground rules for photos and illustrations (this is inside the programming guidelines).
a) do not unproportionately scale images, cropping is allowed to adjust the ratio
b) crop the background when it is not relevant to the primary subject matter
c) illustrations with white backgrounds should not have black borders
We promise to fully review each document prior to submission to you to make sure there's no oddities that aren't accounted for.
Additionally: As with any course that is a new version (including this one), it's important that your team update the page ids in both the config.xml and content files, and rename the filenames of the content files, according to the programming guidelines. Feel free to ask any questions about that process. Most courses are new versions, but some are revisions and this step should not be completed. The MMFF document indicates if it is a revision or new version (you can also assume that any course with an ID in the 700's is a new version).
When working with XML files (particularly the quiz data files), please keep the following in mind:
1) Keep XML nodes well-formed using consistent indentation.
2) Remove XML nodes that are not used. The example data file nodes that are not commonly used in every quiz; please remove them rather than letting them sit empty.
Thanks, let me know if you have any questions; and if all goes well I look forward to sending more your way!