Sr. Telecom and Software Engineer Job Summary:
A Senior Telecom and Software Engineer will design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software primarily in the SIP switching domain. Serve as technical expert on development projects. Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design. Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements. Support, maintain, and document software functionality. Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation. Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed. Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements. Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
You are a full stack engineer & scientist who is looking to take an established product to the next level. Your focus will be technology transfer in the field of Voice Networking focusing on SIP Interconnection within the carrier market. This is a very hands-on, individual technical contributor role. In this role you will lead technical efforts, act as a subject matter expert via technology transfer in identified areas, & coach & mentor other technologists as warranted.
The Principal Senior Telecom and Software Engineer reports directly to the EVP of Technology and will act as their right hand, senior technology person.
Sr. Telecom and Software Engineer Job Duties:
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.