Hope you are doing well!
Please find the enclosed job description given below and let me know if you have anyone interested in this position with their updated profile along with the rate and contact information ASAP.
Job Title: Sr. Testing Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: 6 Months (It will most likely go at least 1 year)
Start Date: ASAP
This is a senior test engineer level role within our development teams, responsible for creating automation scripts within an Agile/Lean environment. The focus of the team is to build a highly maintainable advanced automated test framework, and help instill best practices for test automation in an Agile/Lean environment. The senior engineer will participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle. Candidate will be hands-on, using current programming languages and technologies to write code and perform testing and debugging of applications. The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a highly collaborative manner.
• Create automated tests based on user stories in an agile environment
• Work closely with developers to ensure stories are completed in appropriate sprint
• Participates on a team tasked with building a highly maintainable advanced automated test framework using a variety of internal and third party tools.
• Review Java code and unit tests to leverage knowledge to understand best areas to increase test coverage through automation
• Partners with other automation tests in related groups to reuse test harnesses, libraries, tools, and processes
• Mentor other team members on automated tests
• Investigate and provide root cause analysis of software and system defects
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems
• 5-10 years of engineering experience
• Proficiency with Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby or other scripting languages
• Demonstrated success implementing automation test frameworks such as Robot Framework
• Experience with relational databases like MySQL, Postgres or Oracle
• Automated Unit Testing using JUnit or similar tools
• Proficient with Unix/Linux
• Knowledge of agile development techniques such as TDD, Pair Programming, Refactoring, Continuous Integration
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be a team-player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment
• Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver
Highly Desired Skills:
• Excellent knowledge and proven, multi-year experience in Agile/Lean (Scrum, XP and Kanban) development environments
• Experience with Selenium or other automation test frameworks
Success in this position requires strong team leadership, collaboration and communication skills and a high level of motivation and drive.
Looking forward to hear back from you soon….
please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org or call to 616-797-2129
Skills: test, agile, debugging, analysis, science, engineering, management, unix, linux, leadership