Implement Google Elements Translation into Geodesic Classifieds
1) I'm looking to build a bilingual (English/Spanish) classifieds website.
2) I want to use the classifieds software provided by Geodesicsolutions.com (PHP).
3) All users will have the ability to view the site in either language by clicking a toggle switch (flag icons) at the top of the site that will convert all of the text to English or Spanish. Most of the text is statically translated by Geodesic and any that is not, I will provide the translation for it.
4) Users must be able to translate their ad to either English or Spanish using Google Elements Translation (NOT Google Translate API version 2).
REQUIRED CUSTOM CODING:
1) Any user who wants to post any content onto the site must be registered and logged in. During the ad creation process, users must be presented with an auto-translate box to convert all of their text to the opposite language.
2) This translated text must be editable and the site must save the text in both languages so when it's time to retrieve it to display on the front-end, there is no translation going on. The site is simply going to display the appropriate text based on the user's front-end language selection.
3) All of this is possible with the Google Elements Code when correctly implemented onto a classifieds software and has already been successfully developed using the classifieds "salePHPscripts".
4) I no longer want to use salePHPscripts classifieds but rather am using GeodesicSolutions Classifieds resulting in the need for assistance.
1) Experience using GeodesicSolutions Classifieds (or other classifieds. Provide proof)
2) At least 1 Year of experience with Smarty templates
3) Minimum 3 years experience in Codeigniter and php/mysql
4) Experience working with large sets of data
If you feel that you are a candidate, please reply to this job posting with references and examples of working with translations. I will also send you the link and credentials so that you can test out the above mentioned functionality and see how it should work on the front-end.
Thank you for taking the time to read this job description and I hope to hear from you.