Essential Job Functions
- Monitor engineering releases to determine the need for new and revised instructions/manuals.
- Work closely with engineering, service, and assembly personnel to determine operation, assembly, maintenance, service, and troubleshooting requirements.
- Write descriptive and step-by-step procedures.
- Determine and coordinate art and desktop publishing needs
- Maintain departmental housekeeping and 5S standards.
- Ability to perform job functions in a safe manner
- Ability to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) required by Company Policy for the job being performed, know and follow established job specific and facility wide safety and health procedures and rules, actively participate in safety and health training and demonstrate competency based on training received and bring safety and health issues, unsafe acts, and safety suggestions to management’s attention or correct those you can.
Job Requirements/Working Conditions
- Technical Degree with a minimum of three years experience in technical writing or product support; or will consider five years of experience in technical writing or product support in lieu of the degree.
- FrameMaker experience is required.
- Experience in graphics design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Blueprint reading preferred.
- Must be willing to view product in the assembly shop and test area.
- Must be able to work closely with technically oriented people.
-5% travel may be required.