Medicare.com, an Internet Marketing and Lead Generation firm is seeking a senior LAMP / PHP Developer in search of a lifetime opportunity in joining a newly funded early stage .COM business destined to make history in the online healthcare market. This position will provide opportunity to grow from a small core group of programmers to a large world class internet organization.
Required Skills & Experience
• Develop websites or maintain websites using scripting languages
• Code, integrate, test, debug, and refine the software to produce the required product/tools.
• Develop system architecture and design including software, hardware, communications and interface requirements.
• Design and develop MySQL databases
• Design and implement database-driven reports.
• Performs or directs web site updates.
• Developing, maintaining, and optimizing database-driven web applications
• Identifies problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and correct problems
• Create Unit Tests, Acceptance Tests, and self-documenting code.
• Manage multiple servers including: setting up accounts, setting permissions, cron jobs, upgrading repositories
• Evaluates code to ensure it is valid, properly structured, meets standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems
• Work with Windows as well as Linux servers such as Apache web servers.
• Researching, learning and evaluating new software
Required Skills & Experience:
• Think logically and be able to articulate thoughts in a clear, concise manner.
• Comfortably work both individually and as part of a group.
• Take ownership of assignments and see them through to completion.
• Be able to ask questions or ask for help.
• Have the guts to respectfully challenge management in areas of concern or disagreement
• Efficiently manage several concurrent assignments.
• Quickly learn and adapt when dealing with unfamiliar systems and applications.
• Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with managers, vendors, and co-workers.
• Meet deadlines and complete work in a timely manner.
• Be willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
• Display exceptional follow-through, personal drive and the desire to make a difference.
• Identifies complex problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Keeps up to date technically and applies new knowledge to the job.
• Good documentation and organization skills (Jira, Confluence or Trac).
Skills: test, design, linux, apache