SocialEngine Development Team Member
SocialEngine Development Team Member
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
We are looking for half-time to full-time PHP Programmers with experience coding SocialEngine themes and plugins.
The position will entail:
1) Custom coding of functions and routines.
2) Plugin modification – this will be tweaking existing plugins, as well as developing new ones.
3) Plugin integration – we have Plugins from different suppliers (SEA, HE, and Radcodes) as well as custom code that all needs to work together.
We want highly skilled critical thinkers, and self starters who and can take responsibility quickly. The jobs that we have are well defined tasks, documented with screen shots and mockups, but there is plenty of need for innovation and self expression. Most tasks involve modification of commercial SE plugins from SEA, HE, or Radcodes. Some of the tasks involve raw programming. Successful applicants will have:
1) Good working knowledge and experience in SocialEngine.
2) Moo Tools, and Zend Framework experience is a big plus.
3) Good command of English, written and spoken.
4) Prefer someone from the US, or Europe, or at least availability to work common hours with those areas.
5) Regular work hours required (hours are negotiable, but regularity is key). We are available 18 hours a day/7days a week, so your work schedule will overlap ours for questions and clarifications.
6) Hours must be logged on Odesk. Manual addition of hours is only allowed if pre-approved, and then only under unusual circumstances.
7) Daily reporting. You will be required to summarize progress on tasks in a one paragraph report at the end of each day. This is an absolute, non-negotiable requirement, in addition to logging hours on Odesk. Days without reports will be deducted from pay.
8) Should be easily contactable by email and Skype. A cell phone for infrequent emergency contact is also required.
The pay is hourly, through Odesk. You will be required to login at Odesk while you work. Pay is commensurate with experience and efficiency. We pay fair wages, and bonus generously those that perform well. Please propose your hourly pay rate for full time work with your application.
How to apply
This is a real, ongoing job. I will not entertain stock application letters. If you do not take the application that you write seriously, I will not seriously consider you for these jobs.
Please send me your resume and cover letter along with samples of your work. Please organize your application letter along the following 6 points.
1) Your relevant experience for this project
2) Outline in detail what you believe to be the core skill set that you can bring to our team.
3) Your proficiency with English
4) Contact information, including skype, email, and cell phone number (this number will only be used in emergency contact situations).
5) Immediate and future availability. Please respond to this post with your available hours in the next two weeks, and your availability into the future. We have a rush project that we need to staff immediately, so we will give preference to those that can devote more time immediately, but we are also looking to make long term additions to our team.
6) Special skills and/or experience that will make you a valuable addition to our team.
About the company
We are a 3 year old web development company that has 4 SocialEngine projects currently underway. We have 4 distinct jobs that we are ready to hire for. These are jobs for which we are well paid, and well bonused. We intend to share that pay and bonus structure with current and future team members that contribute to our success. We have dozens of contractors and thousands of hours of pay history with Odesk, and we are looking for 2 - 4 solid professionals to add to our team.