Update drupal site with meetup.com and facebook integration
Gunn Runners are a social running squad that was formed 10 years ago. We have weekly runs, regular social outings and a social cycle on Saturday’s,
We have a number of technical challenges with the varying IT platforms that we are using to manage the group’s activities.
We would like to consolidate the various systems, and provide a more interactive website through tight integration with our presences on Meetup.com and Facebook.
The following systems are currently used to manage our activities:
1. Website – www.gunnrunners.com.au (has a member database with 101 accounts)
2. Facebook – www.facebook.com/gunnrunners (has 77 likes)
3. Meetup – www.meetup.com/gunnrunners (has 18 members)
4. Constant Contacts – www.constantcontacts.com (520 subscribers)
We are phasing out the Google groups and encouraging all existing google group members to join Meetup.com as the primary location for member information.
Our planned use of the above systems can be summarised as follows:
1. Website - main marketing site for the Gunnrunners, with links to Meetup, Facebook. No member database, events, or payments.
2. Meetup.com – our primary member site, used for all runs, social news/events, membership admin, payments, discussion groups etc
3. Facebook - social networking and photo streams only
4. Constant Contacts - our weekly email newsletter. This also catches anyone on Meetup as it includes the distribution list alias for our meetup page. This email is also automatically posted to the Facebook timeline.
The scope to make these changes, along with a graphic design and UI overhaul is listed in the attached document.
You must have Drupal skills, previous experience in integrating Facebook and Meetup, using the Meetup API, to provide seamless integration. Experience with Constant Contacts would also be well regarded.
We are a not for profit club and would like to keep this upgrade as affordable as possible.
Skills: facebook, marketing, design