WordPress Domain Mapping w/Multisite (using CNAME)
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
TO APPLY, write "DOMAIN MAPPING IS AWESOME" as first line. All others will not receive a response or consideration.
I have a WP multisite setup. I want it so that when users create their own sub-site, they can setup their url on my multisite to go to their custom domain name. This is a very common, and simple task for someone who's setup a multisite and domain mapping before.
I use the WPMU Domain Mapping plugin so there's nothing to code. I just need someone to configure it properly and show me how to make it work the way I need. So if you're a server admin or have skills in such things, this won't take long.
user's custom domain:
Map their subsite to their custom domain using the WPMU Domain Mapping plugin. Their documentation says it's possible to do this simply by updating a CNAME, and that is the method I prefer for all my future users.
1) Must use CNAME to link new domain
2) Use Domain Mapping Plugin
3) Process must be repeatable and automated (when client signs up for new subdomain, owns domain name, and adds cname to domain registrar, we must be able to run script to update domain mapping on system.
I will provide login details to server for the candidate. Thank you.
Other open jobs by this client
- Fixed-Price – DESIGNER - AWESOME DESIGNER FOR 4 PAGE PSD
- Fixed-Price – Write WordPress and Web Design / Blogging related articles