Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We're looking for a senior developer to join the team, working a large, production application in the search and social space.
The selected candidate will have the following skills:
* code review
* working in a distributed, team environment
* SEO or social media (user experience)
* MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Neo4J or other advanced NoSQL database system
* Rails, Sinatra or other Ruby Framework
* Twitter Bootstrap
This is a longer term position. To be considered, please answer all the questions below.
1) What's the coolest thing you've built with Ruby?
2) Please supply your Github account.
3) Explain the difference between global variables, class variables, and local variables.
5) What's your favorite fruit and why?
The process will involve a dev test after we do an initial interview via Skype. Then, the selected candidate will have a probationary period of 4 weeks.
We are a young, energetic team build out of a consulting agency. But, we're building our own products now.
Anywhere in the world is OK, but strong preference will be given to GMT +/- 2 or EST +/- 2.
Skills: twitter, test