OO PHP/MySQL Web Developer
OO PHP/MySQL Web Developer
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We are looking for an Object Oriented PHP Web Developer, ideally with good experience in Zend Framework to build a hotel booking website. We need the following functionality implemented:
2. Build all the static content into the site according to a provided sitemap and spcification
3. Build a hotel room search portal with layered navigation for filtering search results
4. Build the actual booking system mechnism
5. Implement a payment gateway with SagePay into the site, so that the client can take payment for rooms
6. Build an admin panel which will have functionality to:
a) manage hotels that can access the site
b) allow hotels to log in and get access to be able to manage room and price rates for their hotel
c) management of users on the site
7. Build user registration and login functionality
8. Ensure that bookings are confirmed with emails to the correct places to be specified
We’re looking for a long-term contractor to develop and maintain this website with a view to further OO PHP work. The ideal developer has:
1. Successfully developed Object Oriented PHP applications using Zend Framework from scratch
2. Strong experience in general website development
3. Is familiar with e-commerce websites and the skills involved to maintain them
4. Has great organizational and time-management skills to get work done on schedule
5. Has used Atlassian JIRA before and is able to get upto speed very quickly with how we work and be disciplined with logging work times and updating issues.
How to apply
Please respond with a cover letter that includes the following:
1. Your Object Oriented PHP experience, including examples of past work
2. The way you would think about working on this project including any ideas on code and database design
Once your application has been received, we will consider it and if think you are the right fit, then we will contact you about the work either over skype or on the phone. We would like to clarify the processes in which we work and enable you to gain access to the relevant codebase via git (bitbucket) and also our bug tracking system (JIRA).
About the company
Creative Emporium was founded in 1998 and has rapidly grown to become one of the UK’s leading branding companies, delivering a broad range of services including promotional merchandise, corporate clothing / uniforms, print fulfilment and POS.
We provide ‘The Complete Branding Solution’. Supporting each of these services is a capability in web design and development, graphic design and strategic marketing, that helps build brands by creating awareness and connecting them with their target audience to encourage purchase behaviour. Today, our client portfolio features leading trade and consumer brands, retailers and manufacturers, in the UK, EMEA and worldwide.
By being forward-thinking and flexible in our approach to both project management and product sourcing, our dedicated Account Team are here to advise, develop, source, and produce all of your marketing collateral, from our trusted and established supplier network - to guarantee fantastic customer service and competitive pricing.
Innovation at the forefront of everything we do. We have created a bespoke online ordering system, CO3. Designed and developed completely in-house by our award winning web team, it revolutionises the ordering and management of all your merchandise/marketing materials, allowing for quick and simple call off of your stock from anywhere in the world. This system is already in place in over 30 countries throughout the EMEA region -please see 'Services' for further information.