linphone ( android and iphone) working with FreeSWITCH
Is must be the linphone and FreeSWITCH
• SIP user agent compliant with RFC 3261
• SIP/UDP, SIP/TCP, SIP/TLS
• Supports IPv6
• Digest authentication
• Supports multiple calls simultaneously with call management features: hold on with music, resume, transfer...
• Multiple SIP proxy support: registrar, proxies, outbound proxies
• Text instant messaging with delivery notification
• Presence using the SIMPLE standard in peer to peer mode
• DTMF (telephone tones) support using SIP INFO or RFC 2833
• Audio with the following codecs: speex (narrow band and wideband), G711 (ulaw,alaw), GSM, G722. Through additionals plugins, it also supports AMR-NB, SILK, G729 and iLBC.
• Video with codecs: VP8 (WebM), H263, H263-1998, MPEG4, theora and H264 (thanks to a plugin based on x264), with resolutions from QCIF(176x144) to SVGA(800x600) provided that network bandwidth and cpu power are sufficient.
• Audio conferencing
• Supports SRTP and zRTP (encryption of voice and video)
• ICE support (RFC5246) to allow peer to peer audio & video connections without media relay server
• Supports any webcam with a V4L or V4L2 driver under linux and Directshow driver on windows
• Acoustic echo cancelation using the great echo canceller available in libspeexdsp (works not only with speex codec of course)
• Efficient bandwidth management: the bandwidth limitations are signaled using SDP (b=AS...), resulting in audio and video session established with bitrates that fits the user's network capabilities.
• Low bandwidth mode: make audio calls over EDGE
• Adaptive audio & video bitrate algorithm to adapt to available network bandwidth.
• Sound backends:
o Linux: ALSA, OSS, PulseAudio
o Windows: waveapi
o MacOSX: HAL Audio Unit
o iPhone: VoiceProcessing AudioUnit with built-in echo cancellation
o Android sound system
o JSR135 on BlackBerry
• Can use plugins: to add new codecs, or new core functionalities, such as remote directory search of sip addresses for example.
• Understands SIP ENUMS (sip phone numbers using the naptr DNS service, without proxy)
• Nat friendly: guesses NAT address for SIP messages, uses STUN for RTP streams
• Compliant with open standarts: see the full list there.
1.2 USER INTERFACES
1.2.1 Gtk2 graphical interface
It is running for Linux, Windows and MacOSX
1.2.2 Console tools
• Linphonec is a command line interface that can use readline on linux to get completion, history, such as bash.
• Linphonecsh is another command line tool to remotely control a linphonec daemon. Unlike linphonec, linphonecsh immediately exits once the command is executed.
1.2.3 Mobile phones interfaces
22.214.171.124 Android and iPhone/iPad applications
• Video support
• Dedicated tablet user interface
• Address book integration
• Call history
• Integration with push notification (requires compatible SIP server)
• Instant messaging (text and images)
• Account creation and set-up assistant
• Bluetooth support (iOS only)
126.96.36.199 Blackberry application (no video support yet)
• Written in pure j2me (due to platform constraints)
• For BlackBerry 7
• Audio features : AMR codec and low latency
• Address book integration
• Call history
• Linux/x86 and Linux/x86-64
• Windows XP and Vista
• MacOS X x86 : audio and video. You can download a standalone bundle from this website or, use macports.
• Linux/ARM: without graphical interface. Linphonec or liblinphone are good candidates to provide the software stack of an hardware phone or hardware communication system.
• Linux/Blackfin: The uclinux.org project maintains a port of linphone for blackfin processors, without gui. Performance are impressive. See here for details.
• Google Android: audio and video, download with the Android Market from your phone.
• Iphone OS: audio and video, download from the AppStore on your iphone/ipad or ipod touch.
• Blackberry OS: Audio only, pure j2me version of Linphone.
• WebOS : unofficial port, see information here: http://www.webos-internals.org/wik
• May work also on FreeBSD and OpenBSD with minor modifications to the build system.