Beauty Store: Template Implementation and Flow tweaks (Prestashop or similar)
I need a developer to create a prestashop template for a makeup store with the following requirements:
- A PSD will be provided with the master template and specific ones: home, category hub, product page, etc and a basic email template. This PSD will need to be sliced and implemented as a template
- The navigation bar will require flyout menus
- The home will contain a hero banner, some promo boxes and some lines of products: featured, bestsellers, etc
- The hub will display a promo box, the filters on the left, and a list of products in that category. Nothing especial here
- The product page will display the typical product info plus bundles of products that can be added to the cart (like amazon’s frequently bought together) and promoted products (customers who bought X also bought). The product image will be zoomable. Ratings and reviews will also be displayed.
- The add to cart experience will need to be minimally customized
- The checkout experience will need to be customized like this:
o Some additional free products (about 10) will be offered and up to X can be added to the cart by checking the appropriate checkbox next to them and clicking “add to cart and checkout”
o Registration will be optional
o Unregistered users will enter their information at this point: 1. Shipping, 2. Payment & 3. Order review
Shipping: Email & basic postal info. Order summary. Shipping method selection (autoselection if qualified for free shipping). Ability to enter gift certificate and promotional codes. Tax is fixed and will always be the same amount (no complications here)
Payment: billing address will be by default the shipping address and the fields will not be displayed unless the user unchecks the checkbox (X same shipping address). Credit card information will consist of card number, security code and expiration date, and should be saved for future purchases.
Order review: Shipping information, Payment information, and a summary of the order
o Registered/logged in users will choose an existing address (edit it or add a new one), choose an existing credit card (edit it or add a new one), and review and place the order.
- The template should not break with future updates.
- The changes in the UI flow and the changes in the UI should be independent (if the theme breaks the store should be able to work with another theme)
- Any new UI text and parameters should be located in the DB or a separate file, and never hardcoded in the code
- Existing text and parameters should be read from its appropriate source and not duplicated
The best existing references for the general look and feel of the store and the checkout flow are:
- BeautyBar.com and Sephora.com
We’re not married to Prestashop. If you think the nature of this projects fits another technology better (Magento, Bigcommerce, etc) we’ll be open to considering it
Please add the work "carrot" to your replies so we know you're not a bot