We are currently seeking a Lead Magento Engineer to work with our team to create custom e-commerce applications for our clients.
The Engineer is responsible for writing custom software to extend Magento functionality to meet client requirements. Code must be written in accordance with Magento and Zend PHP best practices to ensure it is robust and as future proof as possible. Developer will be accountable for full development project life cycle from ideation to solution architecture and development and on through to testing (MTAF), launch and support.
Demonstrated experience with the Magento Zend PHP Development stack is required. Magento Developer and Zend PHP certifications are preferred, but not necessary for outstanding candidates.
To qualify for the position, candidates must have:
- 5+ years of professional Object-Oriented PHP development experience and at least 2 years in Magento development with solid customization and extension examples to review and discuss
- Experience with scalability topics relating to complex, large scale and high volume Magento deployments
- Experience and proficiency with Magento development staging, upgrades, catalogue imports and other time saving methodologies and practices
- Experience and proficiency with Version Control (SVN or GIT)
- Strong understanding of MySQL
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Passion for new technology, particularly in the realm of Mobile and Tablet Commerce
Preferred skills include:
- Mobile, Tablet or RWD Magento deployments
- System administration skills
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- Ability to set up development methodologies
Skills: administration, agile