BACK-END WEB PROGRAMMER ONLY APPLY!
BACK-END WEB PROGRAMMER ONLY APPLY!
*** ONLY APPLY IF YOU'RE A FREELANCER OR A COMPANY THAT ONLY SPECIALIZES IN BACK-END WEB PROGRAMMING ***
Our multimedia company has just recently started using oDesk to work with contractors and are interested in finding a BACK-END WEB PROGRAMMER to work with on a long-term basis. We are looking to find someone that is honest & professional and willing to work with us. This can be a very lucrative position for the right candidate. So, show us why we should hire you! IMPRESS US!
- Several years developing websites for enterprise clients.
- Custom web application development.
- Developed with at least one CMS framework or web application framework.
- Employed a framework or extended an existing CMS with custom coding.
- Knowledgeable about accessibility or security compliance relevant in client’s sector and geographic location.
- Has experience with web development and understands the underlying systems on which they are developed.
- Understands key server-side web development concepts through typical experiences such as:
• Integrating data or user accounts between multiple systems for a client.
• Integrating multiple databases and/or database types into one system.
• Managing a hosting environment, and has administered databases.
• Scaling an application and/or its hosting environment to support increases in traffic.
• Setting up or using a version control system, and manage control with file based assets and data.
• Implementing or working with content approval and staging workflows.
• Migrating data, scripting migration of data.
• Implementing, managing or using a backup system and disaster recovery.
• Securing data or access to applications with multiple user levels, or has customizing experience based on user levels.
• Implementing or working with a template driven system with a clear separation between content and display. *comment.
• Outputting data in multiple document formats.
• Working with multiple delivery platforms such as mobile versus desktop.
• Creating multilingual websites or applications.
• Creating and implementing database schemas that represent and support business processes.
• Ensuring the quality of applications through unit testing.
DOMAIN SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / TRANSFERABLE SKILLS:
Knowledge of a programming language for a framework such as PHP, Python, Perl, .NET, Ruby, Java, or other language.
- Application and scripting development best practices, architecture, scalability, etc.
- Experience with both procedural and OOP development techniques.
- Familiarity with the syntax and control structures of the given language.
- Best practices for efficient and easier to maintain code.
- Best practices for securing web applications.
- Inserting, querying and managing data stored in databases or files.
Knowledge of PHP and database programming including:
- The features and syntax of PHP datatypes, variables, constants and operators.
- Knowledge of syntax of and how to employ expressions and functions.
- Knowledge of how to apply control structures of PHP such as expressions, loops, conditional statements, and switch statements.
- Session handling, PHP Configuration.
• Familiarity of HTML syntax for multiple specifications, including HTML 5.
• Knowledge of the semantic meaning of most HTML elements.
• Familiarity with the semantic markup for display of lists, tabular data, forms, articles, etc.
• Knowledge of XML syntax for markup and content.
• Knowledge of how to use XML for the interchange of data
• Specifying different CSS for various media, devices and displays.
• Methods for including CSS inline, internal and external via linked style sheets.
• Syntax of CSS declarations, properties and attributes.
• CSS box model and methods for CSS positioning, absolute and relative.
• Knowledge of the operators, variables, datatypes, objects, properties and methods.
• Familiarity with control structures such as objects, functions, conditional statements, arrays, loops and expressions.
• Forms and regular expression validation and submitting data.
• Creating and controlling windows and dialogs.
• Familiarity with development and debugging tools for cross-browser issues.
- e-commerce (please indicate)
- software development (desktop applications, game development, scripts & utilities, software plug-ins, mobile apps, software project management, VOIP, etc…) - (please indicate)
*** YOU MUST PROVIDE ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED AND MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS ABOVE, OTHERWISE YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IMMEDIATELY. ***
Skills: .net, dom, debugging, management, voip