This is an e-learning platform that is expected to reflect the same high level quality, professionalism and interactivity as the traditional classes. The platform will be run on the moodle learning management platform. However there are a number of requirements that will be added to the platform. The following is a list of features that we need integrated to the moodle LMS platform.
1. A CRM and HRM software – This software should assist new students to register for courses, and take them through the process online. Once the student is registered then the HRM will keep track of the student’s records and their different human resource activities.
2. Online payment software – This will allow students to make fees payments and other payments online, make accounts enquiries and get account statements.
3. Tracking software –This is software that should be able to track students’ participation during their semester period. Lecturers handling different courses should be able to view the activities carried out by different students and even the exact times.
4. Schedule planner – There should be software that will help students schedule their work and view their calendar. It should make it possible for students to see when they are to have classes, group discussions, and hand in assignments, test and exam dates etc.
5. Document sharing – This software will be enable lecturers upload documents and students download them. It should also have the ability to allow students who are logged on for a group discussion is able to view that same document and work on it simultaneously as in Google docs.
6. Video conferencing tools – This is necessary to enable live classes, group discussions and live tutoring.
7. Exam Proctoring software – This is software that will enable students to carry out tests and exams online without cheating. The software will be able to take random shots of students carrying out the exam and random screen shots of the computer in use, block access of other website from the computer in use, among many other security measures.
8. Social platform - This will allow live chats between students and even with lecturers.