We're seeking a seasoned UI/UX designer/developer to help us build and further develop a market leading application in the currently emerging Massive Open Online Training industry.
Your role will be to design, review, iterate, and constantly improve the frontend of our global scalable course platforms. You can work as freelancer or join the team and become an integral part of our company.
You are a senior, experienced, highly motivated and ambitious web designer with a high standard for your work and code quality. You view Frontends as the most important part of an Internet platform. Your full dedication is spent on the users and their needs. Usability and experience is your mantra and delivering state-of-the-art quality is the standard that you expect from yourself.
Things you should be passionate about:
- Usability and information architecture
- Wireframes (ideally Balsamic, Hotgloo, etc.)
- Quickly iterating on wireframes to analyse the usability of selected functional areas
- Responsive programming using Twitter Bootstrap
- Ruby-on-Rails knowledge prefered (HAML, SASS) or Jade (node.js)
Bonus points for:
- experience with designing social media platforms, online collaboration tools, SaaS
- Great communication skills
- Startup experience or work in small ambitious teams
- confidence, flexibility and the ability to make things happen
As a company incorporated in Germany we are building the first global team-based collaboration platform for educational and training purposes. We have already been chosen as the official platform provider for the first team-based massive open online course that launched in 2013 and is operated by world-known academic and business experts in US and Europe.
- part-time or full-time work (min 20 hours/week)
- Begin: now or soon
- become a full member of a small team of professionals
- You can work from home, but need to be available for regular reviews (Skype)
- Hourly or fixed prices
When applying, include as many of the following as possible:
(Especially if you don't have an oDesk history)
- a link to your portfolio
- a brief description of your skills, passions, and work style
- a link to your blog and/or other personal/hobby apps you’ve built
- other references that will tell us about you and your talents
Please begin your application with the letters "SKILL". Other applications can not be considered.
We look forward to getting to know you.
Your candena Team
Skills: training, design, twitter