Immersedition™ is pioneering the interactive book. As a transmedia studio that specializes in narrative fiction, our technology is patent-pending and regarded as a ground-breaking new way to tell stories. As the market for our product expands, we're seeking a highly-talented and enthusiastic iOS Developer to join our team of creative thinkers and world-dominators. Working for Immersedtion™ requires a flexible mindset, challenging your personal best, innovating on a daily basis, and having a passion for immersing others in giant storyworlds.
About The Position
Immersedition™ isn't your typical 9-to-5. We're fast-paced yet laid-back. We work hard and play hard. We support creative minds and big ideas. We make super cool apps and tell even cooler stories. And we believe good ideas can come from anywhere, from anyone. That's the beauty of getting a bunch of brilliant minds together in a room.
Your responsibilities include:
- Building new Immersedition™ apps for iPhone and iPad
- Maintaining existing apps for iPhone and iPad
- Participate in discussion of architecture and design
- Provide quality insight and guidance on projects
- Managing your time and individual contribution to projects
In addition to the specific requirements below, there are general expectations potential team members should understand. We'll hope these should come as no surprise:
- Ability to work and thrive independently on highly complex tasks
- Execute cutting-edge work with top-notch code
- Help advance the knowledge of other developers and learn when necessary
- Strive to be awesome at all times
- You must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- 2+ years developing iOS apps with products in the app store or implemented enterprise apps
- Knowledge and mastery of obvious programming languages and processes (Objective-C, C++, HTML5, Java, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant field
- Work locally (telecommuting okay some days) in Nashville, TN, either because you're already here in our awesome town, or because you're willing to be
- Knowledge of developing for Android
- Familiarity with publishing industry standards (EPUB, MOBI, iBooks Author, etc.)
- Basic design skills
- Desire to take over the world
- Gourmet cooking (you never know...)
- Highly competitive salary
- Benefits package
- Relocation assistance available (Nashville is way cool. New York Times just called one of the best places for tech start-ups.)
Due to the nature of our projects, we're obviously seeking the best of the best. So, please think of yourself as the best before applying. We do have a relocation assistance program available if you do not currently live in the Nashville area but would be willing to relocate. We're also open to New York-based developers as we are often in the city for business.
To apply, please submit any relevant experience/projects/work you have completed that can show off your talents
Note: This is a full-time and salaried position and not a an independent contractor or work-for-hire project. We are seeking someone to work LOCALLY in Nashville, TN or from New York only.
Skills: ipad, benefits