Backup SysAdmin w/DevOps experience
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Greetings fellow SysAdmin / DevOps gururs -
I am looking for a backup SysAdmin while I am on vacation. Most of my clients are well covered but in the event of an emergency I need the capability to provide reliable and timely service.
The ideal candidate will be available between 9:00am and 7:00pm US Central time (GMT -5) and be able to respond to client inquiries in a timely manner.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to
* Troubleshooting application issues - PHP, Python, Ruby, Node
* Troubleshooting datastore and queue issues - MySQL (self-hosted and RDS), MongoDB, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, and PostgreSQL
* Troubleshooting permissions issues
* Troubleshooting OS issues - Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL, Gentoo
* Troubleshooting deploy issues - Capistrano, BeanstalkApp, Git pulls
* Setting up and configuring Linux servers
* Setting up and configuring web architecture
* Modifying Chef cookbooks
* Modifying Puppet manifests
* You must have some experience with the skills listed in the 'skills required' section.
* In the event of an emergency you should respond within 4 hours of an email being sent. This includes after hours and on the weekend.
* If you have one please include a link to your GitHub profile
While there is a possibility that my clients will NOT send work requests I'm hoping to keep you on retainer as a backup for other project work, one off requests, and various service offerings. I also have a backup project that needs to be completed while I'm away.
PLEAS READ - I cannot make this more clear but I will not accept applications from agencies or contractors belonging to an agency.