VFP, .NET, AJAX, MSSQL, MYSQL, PDF, MS Office Programmer
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
There are four parts to this project as summarized below:
This is a chemical engineering application with built in modeling developed in Visual Foxpro 9.0 environment. See www.chemplan.biz for a description of the software. The application has been developed during a 25 years period starting with dBase 3 going through stages of Clipper and various Foxpro versions. It works in Windows XP (32 and 64), 2007, 2008, Server 2003 and Server 2008 environments. The output files are compatible with old versions of Acrobat Reader with Distiller 5.0, and Excel 2003/2007. With new versions of Acrobat and Excel 2010/2013, the data is exported but not properly displayed. Also certain errors occur, if ignored the data are exported. The code is together and compiles fine, and it is loaded to our FTP.
The scope of the project defined as:
1) The VFP 9.0 must be modified to show PDF files and Excel charts properly, clearly and proportionately (height, width, zoom, legends, …). Once again, the environments are various versions of Windows XP, 2007, 2008, Server 2003/2008. The output files are Excel 2010/2013 and Acrobat 11.0.02/10.1.4/9.5. After modification of code, programs must be compiled and downloaded to our FTP. If I can not compile the programs at my end, you should be able to access my computer (s) and compile it.
2) We would like to ship the customer’s customized database and full software from our FTP and provide them a code by email to download their software and database. At this time we ship the product in CD ROM which are automatically filled with a software and the clients automatically download from CD Roms to their computer with very little knowledge of other softwares. The software is the same for all clients but data are customized for each one. You will modify the existing shipment software to allow shipment through FTP. New simple ideas are welcome.
3) Fix www.chemplan.biz, so once again we can sell our services through internet. The program is all together and needs work on DBF->SQL and WIN-to-DBF connections. As a result, the reports do not work. You must work with our present provider that supports MSSQL and VFP to make it work and teach them to support it.
4) Convert the VFP code to SQL or MYSQL as efficiently as possible for both on-line and desktop versions.
I am requesting your fixed fee bid for items 1 and 2 above. After you become familiar with the system, we will discuss items 3 and 4. We also will entertain the idea of you supporting the on-line and desktop versions. Be very careful in making proposal. Please do not waste your and my time.
Requirements, expertise in:
1. all aspects of Visual Foxpro 9.0, specially in export to all versions of PDF and MS office in Windows desktop and server environments. YOU MUST BE EXPERT in VFP 9.0. YOU MUST ALSO KNOW HOW TO USE DEBUG TO TRAP THE BUGS AND FIX THE CODE;
2. PDF and MS Office applications;
3. *.NET, AJAX, MSSQL and MYSQL;
4. accessing my computer without getting my IP address.
5. reading our software documentation and following instructions.
See the attachment for more details.