Windows Server expert needed for backing up and relocating a hyper-v server running a .net MVC app.
Please Note: People who do not read this brief before answering will be deleted without response. The budget has been set as $5 because odesk won't let me miss it out - I don't know how long this should take, so am looking to you to tell me what the budget should be. I'm happy to pay a fair price.
We have an application running on a hyper-v server, and I need it somehow backing up and installing on a stand-alone windows 8 server.
I am looking for a contractor that has the following skills:
1. Prior experience in setting up and configuring servers, especially with .net MVC apps, IIS, SQL Server Express/Web
2. Ability to investigate setup and get the app working
3. Advise on the ease/difficulty of changing the domain name that the application works on.
I will need you to be available during UK business hours for the discussions with me, but you can otherwise work on your own time.
How to apply
Please respond with a cover letter that includes the following:
1. Your background
2. The approach you would take, given the information you have so far.
3. The questions you would need answered to get started
4. How much you would charge.
In addition, please provide information on similar work you have done before.
If successful, you will be retained to look after and extend this application, so any programming knowledge you have will be a bonus.
Skills: .net, mvc