Position: Lead Data Modeler
Location: SFO, CA
Duration: Long Term
Data Modeler with healthcare experience – Mandatory
The Lead Data Modeler will be responsible for the analysis and design of data models at the conceptual, logical and physical levels and for the development and maintenance of existing enterprise models.
Demonstrated lead level capabilities in conceptual analysis, problem solving, and data analysis. Demonstrated ability to take ownership or initiatives or projects with the ability to lead and facilitate business requirements and data analysis and modeling sessions.
Must be able to collaborate with subject matter experts, business analysts, data analysts and other data modelers to create data modeling deliverables.
Provides support in the use of enterprise data, including guidance in understanding and exploitation of the underlying data and business models, and identifying optimal data sourcing and mapping.
Assists in developing and publishing data management standards, policies and procedures, including the management and maintenance of related tools and environments.
Create and review standard data deliverables, ensuring adherence to defined corporate standards and definitions.
Knowledge and Skills
Education: Bachelor's degree and five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge (Skill/Level): Advanced
• Canonical Data Model
a. Experience working with enterprise models
b. Experience working with Industry models
c. Experience gathering requirements
d. Experience working use cases
e. Experience with health care payer data is essential
f. Proven ability to work in an environment with unclear or poorly defined requirements is essential
g. Understanding of HEDIS reporting requirements is desirable
h. Understanding of SOA / DaaS is desirable
• Composite Caching
a. Experience with staging data structures (raw cache of source or some intermediate stage)
b. Experience with EDI transactions desirable
• ODS / EDW
a. Experience building an operational data store
b. Experience with industry models desirable
• Converting Canonical Model to Message Model
a. Experience in XLS or related hierarchical data structures is required
b. Ability to document
c. Experience with tools that transform relational models to XML / XSD desirable
d. Experience with WSRR/ XTS Mappings is desirable
• Demonstrated ability to understand, produce, and extend large and complex data models for operational and dimensional reporting data stores.
• Experience coordinating information requirements of multiple departments, including assessment of usefulness, reliability and cleanliness of data from several sources.
• Ability to effectively present complex technical information to non-technical audiences and to senior decision-makers.
• Experience with All Fusion /ERWIN as modeling tool is required, with additional Model Mart management experience preferred.
• Strong SDLC knowledge, with excellent process and application system documentation skills.
• Solid understanding of Data Management and Metadata Management process and principles, with ability to effectively communicate and sell those ideas to others.
• Demonstrated success working in a team-based environment.
• Information systems project management or leadership experience preferred.
• Requires strong decision-making, organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
• Excellent analytical skills required.
• Strong facilitation and negotiation skills required.
• Strong communication skills required; technical and business writing skills are required.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with competence in interfacing with business users required.
• Ability to summarize and present design alternatives.
• Ability to influence and sell soundness of design and deliverables.
• Prior experience with a health care payer Member, Claim, Capitation, Warehouse, and Actuarial data is preferred
• Trizetto Facets experience is preferred
• Experience with data administration is a plus
• Experience with Metadata Management and Master Data Management is a plus
Eight + years experience in relational data modeling required, with experience in both project and enterprise level models.
Skills: analysis, design, management, leadership, administration